Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Curatorial & Collections Intern at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time, one-year contract position. The Bobby Orr Hall of Fame shares a facility with the Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts, this is an excellent opportunity to gain job experience in a multi-disciplinary arts facility in cottage country.
The Curatorial & Collections Intern will assist the Curator with the implementation of an entirely new exhibition at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame. The intern will assist with the development of new policies and procedures related to operating the new exhibition. The Intern will conduct visitor studies both before and after the grand re-opening both by monitoring visitors in the gallery and conducting post-visit interviews and administering questionnaires. In conjunction with front-line staff, the Intern will develop and implement a new system for tracking visitor motivations and demographics. The Intern will also assist with documenting the collection in a collections management database following established policies and procedures.
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
- Are new entrants into the work force, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field;
- Have not previously participated in a NOHFC-funded internship;
- Are at least 18 years of age; and
- Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Experience working with museum and/or archival collections preferred.
– Experience with database software preferred.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
– Ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks.
– Ability to work with volunteers and as a member of a team.
– Understanding of the need for confidentiality, tact, and discretion in a public environment.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position at a salary of $38,893/year.
Please submit by e-mail only and in one document, your cover letter and resume, confirming your eligibility, and providing details of your education, training, and experience by 4 PM on Monday, June 19, 2023 to: Caitlin Dyer, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator, at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This position is contingent on the receipt of grant funding and confirmation from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation that the candidate is eligible for the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream