Curatorial & Collections Intern – Bobby Orr Hall of Fame
Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Curatorial & Collections Intern at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time one-year contract position.
The Curatorial & Collections Intern will assist the Curator with the design, research, and implementation of an entirely new exhibition at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame. The intern will attend meetings of the Exhibition Ad-Hoc Committee and work directly with the Curator and exhibition design/fabrication team on all aspects of the process including scheduling, researching, writing, and sourcing supplementary materials. The Intern will also assist with documenting the collection in a collections management database following established policies and procedures.
Find a complete job description on the Town of Parry Sound website at (www.parrysound.ca) or the link below.
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
- Are new entrants into the work force, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field;
- Have not previously participated in a NOHFC-funded internship;
- Are at least 18 years of age; and
- Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with museum and/or archival collections and knowledge of care and handling requirements.
- Experience with collections management databases.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work with volunteers and as a member of a team.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion in a public environment.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position at a salary of $38,893/year.
Please submit by e-mail only and in one document, your cover letter and resume, confirming your eligibility, and providing details of your education, training, and experience by 4 PM on Friday, October 7, 2022 to: Caitlin Dyer, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator, at email@example.com.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream