Important Community Request!
Your expertise and talents are needed to serve our community on a Committee of Council in an advisory capacity.
This appointment requires attendance at regular meetings to provide advice as the design, content development and implementation of a new exhibition at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame is completed. Committee members may also be asked to assist with the planning and execution of events related to the exhibition project, such as a grand reopening celebration. Committee members’ role and preferred qualifications of candidates, are outlined below:
Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Exhibition Ad-Hoc Advisory Committee
The mandate of the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Exhibition Ad-Hoc Advisory Committee is to provide input and advice to staff as they work through the design, content development and implementation of a new exhibition. Once the overall design has been recommended by the Committee, Town of Parry Sound Council will review and approve the design before the fabrication begins. Upon completion of the new exhibition this committee will be disbanded, its mandate having been completed.
Key attributes of Advisory Committee members are as follows:
- Have an interest and/or experience in sport in the Parry Sound region.
- Have a basic understanding of the operations of the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame.
- Be a team player that understands their role in relation to the others around them.
- Be open-minded and conscientious in the execution of their duties.
- Be objective and free of all biases, specifically in the areas of race, gender, time periods, sports, and eras.
- Experience with events, tourism, marketing, promotion or creating experiences would be an asset.
Terms of Reference are available below, at the Municipal Office, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame or on our website at www.parrysound.ca Please submit your name with a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and interest in the work of the Committee, by Friday, December 3, 2021, to:
Caitlin Dyer, Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator
The Corporation of the Town of Parry Sound
2 Bay Street, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1S3
TEL: 705-746-4466 X 208, email@example.com
Personal Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of volunteer selection only.